Monday, September 20, 2010

After School Snacks

As I've mentioned before, my kids are involved in after-school activities, ranging from running, soccer, youth group, and Spanish club (soon to begin), plus my oldest goes to a couple other clubs. They need something to eat between school and activity time, so I pack them little snack kits some of those days.

Even if your kids (or you, or significant other) just come straight home, it's handy to have a snack ready to go.

Here's Bayberry's snack for today.

In a Tupperware sandwich holder, I made a frame out of grapes and a peanut butter tortilla. Strawberry eyes, a grape nose, and orange mouth. Simple, small, and cute.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'd love to hear any other ideas that you have. I'm getting better with lunch after reading your blog, but I still stink with the after-school snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post them from time to time -- whenever I think of a new one, for sure. I try to get either peanut butter or cheese in after school snacks for their protein. And I try to keep them small so they don't ruin their appetites for dinner.

    ReplyDelete