Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lunch for Kids - 2nd day of school

Tomorrow's the second day of school for the girls. They spent Friday getting to know classmates and teachers, finding classrooms and lockers, filling out forms, and learning the ropes. Monday morning, it's nose to the grindstone.

Proper nutrition is important to me, which is why I opt to pack my kids' lunches. I try to get lots of colors, textures, and shapes into my kids' lunches. They will also almost always have a sweet or treat in their lunches. Most of the time, they'll be homemade.

Here's Picky Eater's lunch:

Bottom layer: Salad made with green leaf lettuce, sweet peppers, cucumber "flowers" and carrot shreds. A sliced kiwi on the side.


Top Layer: Pizza Sticks and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. On the side: a small container of creamy dressing and a bottle filled with orange juice.

Bayberry's Lunch:


Clockwise from top right: Sliced kiwi; deviled eggs; chocolate chip cookie (cut in half to fit) and pizza sticks; salad just like her sister's, except Bayberry has tomatoes, too. On the side: a container of French dressing and a bottle of orange juice.

3 comments:

  1. You have totally inspired me to make bento style lunches for my family every day once school starts! Thank you.

    I've got a surprise for you over on my blog

    http://my2centsfl.blogspot.com/2010/08/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I can't wait to follow along. :o) You'll have to link up on Wednesdays too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Lisa! :) Shannon, I definitely will! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete