Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hello, Monday

Tomorrow's lunches for the kids are full of variety and color. I love that. I've even arranged for part of their lunches to be served warm.


Bayberry has noodles with carrots, parsnips, and peas tossed with butter, which she'll heat up at school; 2 Thumbprint Cookies; Strawberries, grapes, and orange segments; 1/2 of a toasted cheese sandwich, and 1/2 of a cinnamon roll. She has water to drink.



Picky Eater has 2 Thumbprint cookies; 1/2 of a toasted cheese sandwich; 1/2 of a cinnamon roll (cut into bites); orange segments, grapes, and strawberries. In the morning, I'll heat her up some soup that she's taking in her Thermos. The soup is noodles in broth with the same veggies as Bayberry's. She's taking orange juice to drink. I'll update with a picture of the soup tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. How does the toasted cheese do overnight in the fridge and then waiting until lunch the next day to eat? Does it get slightly mushy or stale-ish? I'm curious b/c I just found out that the whole school is having meatless Friday's every week, and while I serve a meatless lunch on Friday, that doesn't help my kids who take Thursday's leftovers in their lunch on Friday. I would love to add grilled cheese as an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not crunchy, but it's not mushy. It has the texture of lightly toasted when the kids eat it.

    ReplyDelete