Monday, December 20, 2010

School's Out...But Lunch is IN!

The kids are out of school until January 4th. But we still need to eat lunch.

And being that I'm actively trying to lose weight, eating out isn't really practical! Not to mention that eating out is expensive!

Here's my lunch for today. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals.

Oh, and if you're wondering if Weight Watchers works: Yes. It does. Well.

I've lost about 25 pounds since September 19th.

1/2 cup white rice, 1/2 cup refried fat-free black beans, 1/2 an onion and 1/2 a bell pepper sauteed in 2 tsp olive oil, a cup of shredded lettuce, a small tomato, 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheese, and 2 Tbsp light sour cream. Also, two clementine oranges.

4 comments:

  1. Have you made the switch to the new program very well? I joined the second week...

    25lbs? That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was an easy switch for me. I love that the new program rewards me for healthy choices and penalizes me for poor choices. I find myself reaching for whole foods a lot easier now, especially fruits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 25 lbs. Thats great. My daughter and I will start this week. How many points is your lunch. I like all the ideas I can get. Keep up the great job, I know its a constant challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Happy new year to you n ur family , loved going thru ur wonderful blog !!!

    - Smita
    www.littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun foods for little eaters

    ReplyDelete