Monday, October 11, 2010

First Lunch of the School Week

Hi! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a four-day weekend here and enjoyed the time as a family. Tomorrow, it's back to school for the kids and work for Army Man (he's officially done with his school, having graduated with distinguished honors -- top in his class!). And so, it's back to lunch packing for me.

I'm in dire need of I could use a trip to the store but am trying to postpone it until Wednesday. I'm trying to use my car/gas as efficiently as possible, and that means combining trips. I can get by just fine until Wednesday. It'll just take planning and preparation.

Here are the kids' lunches for Tuesday:



They're taking almost identical lunches: Half a wrap each (pepperoni & cream cheese on a spinach tortilla: a favorite); some multigrain tortilla chips (found at The Fresh Market); fruit (a mix of some pineapple, some kiwi, and some mandarin orange segments); and a chocolate-peanut butter-oat no-bake cookie bar. Bayberry has some locally produced Vidalia Onion-Georgia Peach Salsa for her chips. Milk is the beverage of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty. I like the idea of combining the mellow taste of the kiwi with the more vibrant flavors of the pineapple and orange.

    That salsa sounds adventurous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put whole grain tortilla chips in with my kids sandwiches and they complain the chips are soggy by the time lunch rolls around. Do you have this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, their chips arrive in good shape, so far. Or, at least, they don't think they're soggy. :)

    ReplyDelete