Thursday, November 11, 2010

No School Today

It's Veteran's Day. Thank you to all who have served and all those who continue to serve, especially my hero, my love, my husband, who's a combat veteran and has served the Army for over 12 years.

No school means no lunch boxes. However, ever since I started packing the girls' lunches and sharing them with you here, the Muffin Tin Monday blog carnival has attracted my attention. I don't do muffin tins because my kids go to school. It's not Monday, but I decided I'd give it a go anyway and my girls' faces lit up in big smiles -- even the almost-12-year-old had a smile on her face! This is a fun trick I'll pull out of my hat on no school days in the future.


Mac & cheese with turkey dog, carrot sticks (tomato for Bayberry), cucumber rounds, creamy Italian dressing, cheese, and two mini chocolate bars. Orange juice to drink. Small piece of flat bread on the side.

PS An update on Bayberry: She has a seizure disorder of unknown origin and is staring on some anti-seizure medication. Iloved her neurologist and we have a plan in place to overcome these episodes. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment